Friday, February 11, 2011

And the world goes round

I had a complete entry written out in my head yesterday.  And now I have forgotten.  So I will lead off with something I saw in a magazine the other day:
I think it is insane that stars are being bullied into losing weight.  Granted, they can listen, they can ignore, their weight is ultimately up to them.  But from what I have read, Mandy Moore has had a hard time getting good roles because she was too "chunky".  God forbid I ever end up in a tabloid magazine, they would think I was a cow.  They pick and pick and pick at these people when they look fine the way they are, and then pick and pick and pick and say they are too skiny.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that Mandy Moore is gorgeous and has never been FAT.  I would never have even said she was chunky!  And to know that she was getting all of that pressure to lose weight.  She was so healthy and beautiful.  I hate seeing all of these women go into the industry and be normal healthy sized people, and they end up stick figures who count every calorie and eat only 3 leaves of lettuce in a day, chased with laxatives. 
What kind of example are you setting for young girls?  That's why we have such a weight problem with young girls in America.  And it's killng them.  There is a healthy middle to be in.  I would probably be considered over weight, especially by Hollywoods standards, but in the standards of normal people, I don't think I would be.  But the problem is, not only do girls get the pressure from Hollywood to be thin, they get it from the young men who are also subjected to the toothpick women.  They think women should be thin thin thin with big ole fake boobs. They think we should bounce back from pregnancy 2 weeks after giving birth.  Hollywood is creating a stereotype for all woman that is NOT realistic and it needs to stop.  It's crazy.  It's deadly.  And it PISSES ME OFF.  Because I look at them too.  I am not above wishing I could look like Heidi Klum. Or Miranda Kerr.  Hollywood needs to let women look like themselves, like real women look.  The way we are supposed to look.  Something needs to change.  Before we all kill ourselves.


This is gross.  It's not attractive.


And people die from this.  And they shouldn't.  Our bodies need fuel to live.  And to fuel our bodies we need to eat.  WE.  NEED.  TO.  EAT.  TO.  LIVE. 

1 comment: