Thursday, February 24, 2011

Men. Menmenmenmenmenmen.

This has been bugging me for a while.  Have you ever noticed how everything is geared to men?  Everything.  Well, not everything everything, but most things.  Especially commercials.  Women's razor?  Men.  Some hot sexy lady half naked in a shower.  Shampoo.  Men.  Some woman having an orgasm in the shower.  Bra commercials.  Well, I am sure that one is obvious if you have ever seen a Victoria Secret commercial/ad/runway show.  Do they really think that women who are average in build and looks think they will look like Miranda Kerr if they where the same bra she is wearing?  I mean really.  That's completely lodgical.  And because the commercial is geared to men, and men think they are sexy, women wear these bras that pinch, and poke, and fall out of.  Don't get me wrong, I love a pretty bra.  But I don't need some anorexia chick with big ole boobs telling me what MY husband likes, and what I like.  And the catalog... I believe more men look at it than women..... But I CAN'T buy a bra from Victoria Secret.  I have tried several times.  But I can't do it.  They don't fit me right.  I have tried different sizes and different cuts.  I fall out of them.  They are meant to be worn by someone who sits still all day I guess.  Posing for magazine covers.  My husband got me a gift card fo VS one year.  It was for $100.00.  I bought 2 bras.  And as we have all seen, VS is all about showing boobs off.  And then your boobs roll out of the top of them and you have the quadruple boob.  The boob muffin top.  And that's not cute.  And it happens to me on a nearly every day. 
         I hate bras.  I hate buying them.  I hate trying them on.  And the bras that I can get that will most def hold me in, they are usually ugly.  They just don't make big bras cute.  Unless you want to pay 80 bucks for them.  No thanks. 
        Even men's razor commercials.  You would think that they could be at least geared to women.  Nope.  Sure, there's a guy with no shirt on fresh out of the shower.... but then a woman comes in who is nearly naked, with big boobs and starts humping his legs like a cocker spaniel.
        Sometimes the commercials are for the people they are for.  But for the most part they are filled with skinny sexy and skanky women and women who are not skinny, or sexy, or skanky, they think this is what they are supposed to look like.  They forget that these women are touched up, air brushed.  And shame on the men for expecting that (not all men, of course) from regular women.

       TV does it too.  Look at the King Of Queens.  Kevin James is not a small man.  He is not a sexy man (to most) and look at his wife.  She's pretty hot.  The George Lopez show.  He is an average looking man that you find all over America.  And look at his wife.  Hot.  I think the only exception is probably Everybody Loves Raymond.  It hasn't always been like that... but now.
Raising Hope-Hot Wife
My mind has drawn a blank.  Another exception would be Grey's Anatomy.  Everyone on that show is pretty.  But not average. 
Where are the average people??  Why can't we see average people on shows?  And not just shows like, The Bachelor, or American Idol. 
I don't get it.  My husband thinks I'm crazy when I bring it up.  Meh.  Crazy shmazy.

2 comments: